Saturday Skin Share - Sugar Scrub
As women our skin is ever changing due to environmental factors, hormone levels and of course, age. The older I get and now that I'm approaching 40, I realize the few extra steps to my skin care routine, added with eco-friendly, non-chemical ingredients are just as important as what I eat.
Finding the right products doesn't have to be a pain or expensive, most of the best ones can be homemade using ingredients you might have on hand. Check out our favorite DIY Sugar Scrub recipes and give them a try!
Eucalyptus Sugar Scrub
- ¼ to 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 10-15 drops essential oil (optional)
- food coloring (optional)
- Combine the coconut oil and one cup of the sugar in a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add the essential oil while continuing to stir. This is when you would add coloring too.
- Add the remaining sugar until the formula reaches the desired consistency.
- Scrub away and love your super soft skin! Store the remaining scrub in a tightly sealed container for later use.
Lavendar & Lemon Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 10 to 15 drops essential oils (lemon and/or lavender)
- 5 drops liquid food colouring (purple and/or yellow)
- Scoop 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl and microwave it on high until it's completely melted (about 25 seconds).
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the sugar and mix well to combine. If it's too wet, add small amounts of sugar and mix until you get a consistency you like.
- Add the food colouring and mix well until the colour is consistent.
- Add the drops of essential oils and mix until well combined. (For the lavender lemon, I used 10 drops lemon and 10 drops lavender).
- Scoop it into a small glass mason jar and cover with a tight fitting lid.
If you're not into whipping up a batch, you can always find alternatives online or at your local shops. I've been using Activated Charcoal in everything lately and have been loving the effects.
Not only does it brighten my skin but it helps detoxify it at the end of the day or in the morning. There's nothing better than a hot bath or shower with epsom salt and charcoal to lather your skin!
Charcoal Face and Body Scrub are rooted in a Japanese belief that the earth provides everything that is needed to sustain our health and beauty.
This specially blended dual action scrub not only uses the coveted salts of the dead sea, but also uses activated charcoal to expel excess oil and impurities in the skin, as well as a powerful blackhead remover. Even though this amazing scrub is black, we can assure you that it is giving your skin a cleanse like never before. Detoxify and rejuvenate your skin with this exfoliating scrub that not only uncovers fresh skin but also leaves moisturizing minerals and nutrients behind.
Activated charcoal is a potent natural treatment used to trap toxins and chemicals in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so the body doesn’t reabsorb them. Activated Charcoal works through a process called adsorption, which Dr. AXE describes as “the chemical reaction where elements bind to a surface.”
Thanks to its detoxifying properties, activated charcoal is great for someone who is prone to breakouts. Activated Charcoal is great for skin brightening and skin lightening.
Try the Charcoal Scrub Risk-Free with Our Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee! Order Now and get Professional Results and a Spa Quality Product in the comfort of your own home!